Friday, March 28, 2008

My journey to becoming a USCG Licensed Captain

To be perfectly honest I’m not sure I even want to be a fishing guide, but I’m signed up, and classes begin tonight! The schedule is from 9 A.M to 6 P.M. on Saturday and Sunday for the next three weekends. And all I can think about is, I can’t go fishing until I’m done, not only that, but I will have just burnt three weekends of "kitchen passes" so I may not get to go for a while after.. But I have a simple solution for that one, the wife and our sons are going with me!

So this will be my journal as I experience what it is to become a Captain. I’m not nervous in the least, I love to learn new things so I’m looking forward to it and actually a little anxious to get started.

The classes will be at Carlos and Charlie's on Lake Travis, and the instructor is from "Mariners School". As the weeks go by and time permits I’ll share what my experience has been, and anything else the seems interesting.

Stay tuned, I’ll try to post on Monday...

No comments: